Clergy & Staff
Rev. Mark Lee
- Undergraduate Degree (Economics & Finance) from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Divinity (M. Div.) from Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA
- Served churches in 4 different states… California(SF), New York, Minnesota and North Carolina in the past 22 years of full time ministry
- Minah and I were married in October of 1998 and we have three children… daughter Karis (Freshmen at Queens University of Charlotte) and sons Michael & Matthew (Junior and Freshmen @ Ardrey Kell High School).
- When I am not studying God’s Word, preparing sermons and engaged in ministry, I like to relax by reading, exercising and watching & participating in sports.
- I am a huge fan of Philadelphia sports teams (Eagles, Sixers, Phillies and Flyers).
Director, Central Steele Creek Preschool
- Degree from UNC-Charlotte in Early Childhood Education
- Worked in Early Childhood Development for nearly twenty years in many different aspects
- While attending UNC-Charlotte, I met my husband. We have two teenage boys who are heavily into baseball and golf.
- I grew up in Charlotte, specifically in Steele Creek. I love to exercise and go antiquing and, as a family, enjoy many outdoor activities.
To visit the Central Steele Creek Preschool website click here: https://centralsteelecreekpreschool.shutterfly.com/
Associate Director of Music
- Graduate of Westminster Choir College in Princeton, New Jersey, and Hartt School of Music, University of Hartford
- Church organist since the age of fifteen
- Organist at Central since 2006
- I compose and have composed many church works for organ and/or choir, as well as music for jazz and ensembles.
- I am active as a jazz pianist and am the pianist for the Lake Norman Big Band. I live in South Charlotte.
Director of Central's Fine Arts Academy
- Graduate of Hammond Academy and Bachelor of Music Education from The University of South Carolina
- Master of School Administration from The Citadel
- Elementary music educator for fourteen years and an elementary assistant principal for fourteen years
- Combining backgrounds in music and administration serve as the Director of Central’s Fine Arts Academy
- I am a native of Columbia, South Carolina.
Handbell Choir Director
- BA Degree from Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Ga., a MEd. (reading specialist) from James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, and a MEd. (gifted education) from West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Taught in schools in Atlanta, GA; Princeton, NJ; Petersburg, WV; and Charlotte, NC
- Introduced to handbells in the eighth grade
- Directing handbells for over forty years serving a church in WV and two in the Charlotte area
- Held several offices in the national organization, Handbell Musicians of America-Area 3
- I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I am married to John Earl, a retired Presbyterian minister. We have two children, Mackenzie, an OT in Wilmington, NC and JT, a computer program analyst and writer for Vanguard in Charlotte, NC.
- Presently I teach water aerobics at three locations in Charlotte and coach a swim team at the JCC.
- Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Delaware
- A varied work career consisting of office management, being a full time mom, and teaching preschool
- While earning my degree I met my husband, Walter. We have been married for over thirty years and we have four children.
- I grew up in Charlotte and have been an active Presbyterian all my life. I am excited to be on staff at Central Steele Creek!
- Grew up in Newark, New Jersey
- I am married and have two daughters, ages ten and twelve.
- In my spare time, I enjoy working out, relaxing and spending time with family. I also enjoy playing video games when I get a chance.